Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
All Commio customers are responsible for reviewing and complying with this Acceptable Use Policy.
thinQ Technologies (dba Commio, thinQ, teli) has formulated this AUP in order to encourage the responsible use of our networks, systems, services, web sites and products (collectively, “Commio Services”) by our Customers, Customers’ end-users and customers, and other users of Commio Services (collectively, “Users”), and to enable us to provide Users with secure, reliable and productive services. All Commio customers are responsible for reviewing and complying with this Acceptable Use Policy. Commio customers who provide services to their own customers or other end users are responsible for compliance with the terms of this Policy by their end users and must take steps to ensure compliance by their users with this Policy. By using Commio Services, Users consent to be bound by the terms of this AUP. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use Commio Services. Commio reserves the right to modify this AUP in its discretion at any time. Such modifications will be effective when posted to Commio’s website, or when notice of such modifications (which may be via email or any other notification) has been provided to Users. Any use of Commio Services after such modification shall be deemed to constitute conclusive acceptance of such modification. Commio reserves the right to deny or terminate service to a Customer based upon the results of a security/abuse confirmation process used by Commio. Such confirmation process uses publicly available information to primarily examine Customer’s history in relation to its prior or current use of services similar to those being provided by Commio and Customer’s relationship with previous providers.
Any User which Commio believes, in good faith, to have violated any element of this AUP may be subject to a suspension or termination of service. Commio will suspend service for violation of the AUP on the most limited basis as Commio determines is reasonably practical under the circumstances to address the underlying violation. Commio will attempt to notify Customer prior to suspending service for violation of the AUP (which may be via email or any other notification); provided, however, Commio may suspend service without notice if Commio becomes aware of a violation of any applicable law or regulation or activity, including but not limited to a violation of the AUP, that exposes Commio to criminal or civil liability or that exposes Commio, its officers, employees, Customers or affiliates, or the property of the aforementioned to harm. Commio may take such further action as Commio determines to be appropriate under the circumstances to eliminate or preclude repeat violations, and Commio shall not be liable for any damages of any nature suffered by any Customer, User, or any third party resulting in whole or in part from Commio’s exercise of its rights under this AUP.
Material accessible through Commio Services may be subject to protection under privacy, publicity, or other personal rights and Intellectual Property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights and laws protecting patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary information. Users shall not use Commio Services in any manner that would infringe, dilute, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any such rights. If you use a domain name in connection with any of Commio Services, you must not use that domain name in violation of the trademark, service mark, or other rights of any third party.
The actions described below are defined by Commio as “network abuse” and are strictly prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy. The examples named below are not exhaustive and are provided solely for guidance to Customers. If any Customer is unsure of whether a contemplated use or action is permitted, it is Customer’s responsibility to determine whether the use is permitted by contacting Commio via electronic mail. The following activities are expressly prohibited, and Commio expressly reserves the right, at its discretion, to pursue any remedies that it believes are warranted which may include, but are not limited to, the issuance of written or verbal warnings, filtering, blocking, suspending, or terminating accounts, billing Customer for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges or bringing legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by Customer violations. Such actions may be taken by Commio without notice to Customer. In general, Commio Customers may not use Commio’s network, machines, or services in any manner which:
- violates any applicable law, regulation, treaty, or tariff, including but not limited to data privacy laws;
- violates the acceptable use policies of any networks, machines, or services which are accessed through Commio’s network;
- infringes on the intellectual property rights of Commio or others;
- violates the privacy of others;
- involves deceptive online marketing practices including, without limitation, practices that violate the United States Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines for proper online marketing schemes;
- violates any specific instructions given by Commio for reasons of health, safety or quality of any other telecommunications services provided by Commio or by reason of the need for technical compatibility of equipment attached to the Commio Network;
- unauthorized use (or attempted unauthorized use) or sabotage of any computers, machines or networks;
- attempting to interfere with or denying service to any user or host (e.g. denial of service attacks and/or DNS spoofing attacks);
- falsifying user identification information;
- introduction of malicious programs into the network or Server (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.);
- using any calling method/program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a third party customer terminal session, via any means, locally or via the Internet;
- furnishing false or incorrect data on the signup form
This Policy is subject to change with notice by publication on this web site; Customers are responsible for monitoring this web site for changes. This Policy was last updated on April 11, 2023. While Commio uses reasonable efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information on this Web site, Commio makes no warranty or representation as to its accuracy. Moreover, information that may have been accurate at the time of posting may have changed and therefore may no longer be accurate or in effect. Commio undertakes no duty to update such information.
Reporting of Violations
Violations of this AUP may be reported in writing to:
5420 Wade Park Blvd.
Raleigh, NC 27607
Get peace of mind
Create custom, omnichannel customer experiences. Start sending better calls & texts with Commio.