Christmas is coming, not to mention Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, and that means…sales, sales, sales! 😅 Black Friday (no, it hasn’t actually happened yet) and Cyber Monday are some of the busiest text messaging days of the year.
To get your text messaging (SMS/MMS) campaigns delivered as quickly and seamlessly as possible, take advantage of these best practices for the upcoming holidays.
Following are some tips to maximize message delivery during Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
- Peak Traffic Times: Peak texting times are typically from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST. If your message isn’t time-critical, try to send it outside of this window to maximize your speed of delivery.
- Avoid sending at the top of the hour: For example, if your messages are not time critical, 11:09 is a better time to send than 11:00 and has no effect on open rates.
- Want to really stand out? The last 15 minutes of each hour have the least amount of traffic; so if you have messages that are not time critical, it’s a good practice to send in the last 15 minutes of an hour—for example, 11:45.
- MMS Message Size: Reduce your MMS message file sizes to 250KB or less to accelerate send time. (Of course SMS is faster yet!)
- If you have any changes to your integration/connection with Commio scheduled for the week prior to Black Friday, you should consider postponing them to after the week of Cyber Monday.
If you’re planning to create new long code messaging campaigns, you’ll want to do so ASAP (new short codes take several months to be approved, and toll-free numbers should already be whitelisted). Note that The Campaign Registry will be closed for Thanksgiving on November 20 to 24. Remember that if you already have another marketing campaign approved, that is probably sufficient; as long as the brand is the same, the main concern is the use case.